To register with the practice please bring your NHS medical card (or forms will be provided) to the surgery. You may express a preference for a particular Doctor, and we invite you to attend a new patient medical.
GP practices are now advised that they should obtain evidence that patients meet the criteria:
- Patients should be ordinarily resident in the UK ("ordinarily resident" means that you have or will be a resident in the UK for over 6 months)
- Patients should be legally in the UK or be granted permission (by the Home Office) to remain temporarily in the UK.
This means that, before they can register you, GPs will need to see documentary proof that you meet the above criteria.
You are therefore requested to provide documentary proof that you have been a resident in the UK for over 6 months, or that you intend to remain a resident in the UK for over 6 months. The following documents are examples of such proof:
- Tenancy agreement
- Mortgage statement
- Utility bills
- Council Tax bills
- Employment contract / letter from employer
- Letter from educational establishment
You are also requested to provide documentary proof of your identity/nationality and documentary proof that you are entitled to reside in the UK. The following documents are examples of such proof:
- Birth Certificate
- Visa (non UK or EU nationals)
- Residence Permit (non UK or EU nationals)
- Work Permit (non UK or EU nationals)
- Home Office letter, showing that you are permanently or temporarily allowed to remain in the UK.
Emergency Treatment & Privacy Patients
A National Health Service GP may still treat you even if you do not meet the above criteria. Examples of this are as follows:
- You may be treated by a GP, but you may then have to pay for treatment that you have received.
- You may receive free NHS treatment if you need emergency treatment (but you may then have to pay for any further, non-emergency treatment that you receive)
Pre-Registration with the practice
If you wish to pre-register click on the link below to open the form. When you have completed all of the details, click on the "Send" button to mail your form to us. When you visit the surgery for the first time you will be asked to sign the form to confirm that the details are correct.
Please be aware that this practice is operating the Summary Care Record scheme, if you wish to find out more please call in to the surgery for a leaflet. If you wish to opt your records out of this scheme you must INFORM THE PRACTICE IN WRITING, it will be assumed you are happy to have your records uploaded onto the system unless we here in writing from you.
Pre-registration Form - please read above
When you register you will also be asked to fill out a medical questionnaire. This is because it can take a considerable time for us to receive your medical records. There is an online version of this file too, which you may fill out and send to us. When you come to the surgery you will be asked to sign this form to confirm that the details are correct.
Online medical questionnaire for new patients
Note that by sending the form you will be transmitting information about your self across the Internet and although every effort is made to keep this information secure, no guarantee can be offered in this respect.
Alternatively you may print off a registration form, fill it out and bring it in with you on your first visit to the practice.